BgPur™ is Eco-Tec’s proven H2S removal system for treatment of biogas from anaerobic digesters or landfills.
The system is capable of treating biogas with H2S concentrations of a few hundred ppmv to over 15,000 ppmv (1.5%) while reducing the H2S to a just a few ppm to meet downstream requirements for power generation or heating fuel, or to be sold for pipeline or transportation fuel.
The H2S is converted to solid elemental sulfur which has resale potential as a soil enhancement additive or easily disposed of as a non-hazardous waste. It generates no other waste
The process is based on a proprietary combination of a liquid catalyst and a compact gas/liquid contactor and a solids removal system. The dissolved chemical catalyst which promotes the conversion of H2S into solid elemental is not consumed in the process, and so chemical make-up requirements of the system are minimal.
As a result, the typical operating costs of the process are significantly lower than for any solid sorbent technology.
The process is stable and predictable compared with biological processes that can be more complicated and challenging to operate and maintain.
A range of standard models are available which are designed and fully manufactured at Eco-Tec’s factory as compact systems that are easy to ship and install.
- Skid-mounted and compact.
- Requires minimal energy resulting in lower costs.
- Simple to install, easy to operate and fully automatic.
- Completely scalable, ideal for easy integration into facility processes.
- Configured with automatic controls that adjust to changes in gas flow rate and level fluctuations.
- Agricultural chemicals used (absorbent), agricultural by-product produced, minimal energy consumption and maximum energy recovery.